UHAS Open Admission for Public Health: The university wishes to inform the public that it has open enrollment for UHAS Access and Sandwich Courses.
The university would like to inform the general public that it is offering open admission to qualified candidates with a background in health for enrollment in its Access and Sandwich undergraduate public health programs.
The University of Health and Allied Sciences announces the opening of admission for suitable candidates to the following programs at the Fred N. Binka School of Public Health (FNBSPH), Hohoe Campus, for the academic year 2023–2024.
UHAS Admission Requirement for Access Course
UHAS Access Course and Requirement
- Personnel in public health with a diploma and a GPA under 2.50.
- Candidates with certificates in community health nursing/midwifery, clinical health assistants, environmental health assistants/officers, mental health, nutrition officers, field technicians, and health records officers.
- Other officers with certificates in disciplines such as statistics, sociology, demography, and education that are directly relevant to the position are also eligible to apply.
UHAS Sandwich Programmes
- Health Promotion
- Mental health.
- Options for the Bachelor of Public Health (BPH) include;
- Disease Control
- Environmental Health
- Health Control
UHAS Admission Requirement for Sandwich Programmes
- DIPLOMA ENTRY
- applicants with a GPA of 2.50 or higher who have a diploma from a health institution that is accredited.
- applicants with a GPA of at least 2.50 and a two- or three-year diploma in community mental health, mental health, nursing (general/psychiatry nursing, and midwifery) (Mental Health option only).
- applicants with a GPA of 2.50 or higher and a two- or three-year diploma in any area of environmental health (Environmental Health option only).
- Those that get the short list must appear at a selection interview. Level 300 will be the entry point.
- CERTIFICATE ENTRY
Successful candidates would be enrolled at Level 200 in the related choices of the degree program after passing the Access course in (1) above.
How to Apply for UHAS Sandwich
- Before applying for admission, you need to purchase a UHAS E-Voucher (GH¢220.00) at any branch of the banks below.
|GCB Bank Limited (GCB)
|Agricultural Development Bank (ADB)
|Zenith Bank Limited
|ARB Apex Bank
|Ghana Post Offices (i.e. the nearest Post Office)
- In completing the online form, applicants will be required to upload their passport size photograph (not more than 400KB) with a white background.
- Upon completing the APPLICATION PROCESS, print three (3) copies of the PREVIEW PAGE (i.e. application summary), then submit it online.
- Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before they finally submit their online applications. A form, once submitted cannot be edited.
- Upon printing the application summary; Access, Sandwich, or equivalent applicants should attach 2 copies of each result slip; Access Course / Sandwich / MPhil /MPH / Ph.D. applicants should attach their transcripts and certificates.
- Applicants should purchase UHAS EMS envelopes (one big size envelope and one quarto size self-address envelope) from the nearest Ghana Post office.
- The application documents and the result slips in addition to the quarto-size self-addressed envelope should be put in the big UHAS EMS envelope and be submitted at the nearest Ghana Post office.
Passport Picture Requirements for 2022 Sandwich Admissions Application
- The intended admission Picture must be taken on a white background with both ears showing and without shadow in the background.
- For religious purposes, scarves are allowed but both ears must be exposed in the picture.
- Wearing glasses/shades are not allowed, except for medical purpose, clear glasses revealing the eyes are permitted.
- d. The Picture should have dimensions of 300 x 360 pixels (1 x 1.2inches), resolution of 300, JPEG file format, and size, not more than 400 kilobytes.
Application deadline for Sandwich Programs is July 14, 2023. DEADLINE for Application for Access Programmes: April 14, 2023
How Much is the UHAS Form?
At Ghc220.00, application forms can be purchased at any GCB Bank, ADB, Zenith Bank, or Ghana Post.
NOTE: All applicants must provide scanned (PDF) copies of their academic transcripts, professional identification numbers (PINs) or auxiliaries numbers (AINs), and certificates.
Applicants can call the following lines for more information:
- Call Mr. Ahiabor at 024-415-4406 (access only).
- Sandwich only: Dr. Kwabla (050-392-1140)
- FNBSPH Administration – 036-229-0486
- Educational Affairs: 054-658-5633 (WhatsApp only).
The University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) was established by an Act of Parliament (Act 828 in December 2011) with the intention of becoming a preeminent institution of higher learning dedicated to community service and research in the field of health. The main campus and the central administration are located in Ho, the second campus is in Hohoe.
In Volta Region Ghana, UHAS was the government’s first public university and is presently the only government university wholly dedicated to the training of healthcare professionals.
Schools in UHAS
Now, UHAS is operating 8 schools that provide 21 undergraduate programs and a couple of postgraduate programs. The eight schools consist of:
- School of Nursing and Midwifery,
- School of Basic and Biomedical Sciences,
- Fred N. Binka School of Public Health,
- School of Allied Health Sciences,
- School of Dentistry,
- School of Medicine,
- School of Pharmacy,
- School of Sports and Exercise Medicine.
Moreover, UHAS comprises two institutes: the Institute of Health Research as well as the Institute of Traditional and Alternative Medicine. A third institution that hasn’t yet been established is the Institute of Medical Education.
UHAS upholds high standards for conduct while promoting traditional values that foster success and lifelong learning. The university is of the opinion that a setting with defined expectations fosters academic excellence.
The aim of UHAS is to foster a lifetime interest in learning and a desire to pursue education. Students at UHAS are given the skills necessary to comprehend and manage change as global citizens in a changing world. The university operates in a way that is appropriate for a prestigious healthcare organization dedicated to both community service and research.
The UHAS method is conventional in many ways, providing a tried-and-true, high-caliber education with a focus on the future. Is a university of success, diversity, and opportunity that enables students to meet high standards in a loving environment.
The institution want students to grow socially and academically, to feel good about themselves, to be driven by a strong sense of self-worth, and to be considerate of other people. READ MORE