UG SCHOLARSHIP FOR FIRST YEAR STUDENTS: The UG Scholarship is a scheme that seeks to provide financial support to needy and brilliant regular Main Campus / City Campus Undergraduate students of the University of Ghana.
You are required to read the eligibility page and complete the appropriate online form and submit all the relevant supporting documentation. It is important that you respond fully to all the questions on the form that are applicable to you.
You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/response on your application is not clear.
The next step is an interview with shortlisted applicants. If your application is successful, you will receive written notification from the SFAO describing the kind of financial aid that you have been awarded. The award would be credited to your student account at the University of Ghana.
UG SCHOLARSHIP FOR FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
The SFAO is accepting applications from regular Main Campus students for the 2022-2023 academic year.
You are eligible to apply if you:
1. Are a Level 100 student.
2. Are a regular student (main / city campus)
3. Are regular fee-paying student (main campus)
4. Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
5. Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other pursuits).
6. Obtained an aggregate of 20 or better at the WASSCE.
Location No. 11 East Legon, Behind College of Basic and Applied Sciences
University of Ghana Students’ Financial Aid Office
P. O. Box LG 25 LEGON, ACCRA, GHANA.
If you have any questions you may call the Students Financial Aid Office on 0302-945312/0303-965240/0205-186904/ 0206804077 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also walk in during working hours to make enquiries.
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support applications:
· Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
· Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
· Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
· Birth Certificates (of siblings).
· Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
· Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
· Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
· SSNIT contribution statements.
· Money transfer receipts.
· National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
· Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
· Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based on accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support and that the integrity of the University of Ghana Students Financial Aid programme is preserved.
Misrepresentation in any form or manner shall render an application null and void. Any awards made based on a misrepresentation shall be withdrawn or refunded by the applicant, and in addition, he/she also may be prosecuted.
You are required to submit a completed application form with all the supporting documentation to the SFAO. It is important that you respond fully to all the questions on the form that are applicable to you. You may be asked for additional information. Click here to complete Online Application Form.
For the submission of the applications with relevant supporting documents is Thursday, 2nd March 2023 at 2:00 pm.