The Baker Hughes Scholarship: Baker Hughes a wholly-owned affiliate of Baker Hughes Technology LTD has been engaged in infrastructure development in Ghana for several years, notably through the supply of technology, services, and know-how, training initiatives, investment, and supply chain development in the power, transportation, and healthcare sectors.
Baker Hughes will provide flat-rated scholarship support through the “BH Scholarship”, for the benefit of certain the University of Ghana undergraduate students in the areas of BA Computer Science and some BSc Applied Sciences during the 2022/2023 academic year. Scholarships are renewable annually provided they maintain a Grade Point Average of (GPA) 3.0 or better.
The Scholarship covers academic and residential fees and book allowance. In addition, leadership training and limited Internship may be offered as long as an excellent academic standard of at least a 3.0 CGPA continues to be met and need is demonstrated.
The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting 2022/23 applications for the award of The Baker Hughes Scholarship for UG students from areas of need reading BA Computer Science or any of the following APPLIED SCIENCES at University of Ghana:
School of Engineering:
1. Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
2. Bachelor of Science in Material Science and Engineering
School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
1. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
2. Bachelor of Science in Earth Science
3. Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
DEADLINE for the submission of applications for the Baker Hughes Scholarship is TUESDAY MARCH 14th, 2023 at 3:00pm.
Requirements for the Baker Hughes Scholarship
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are a Ghanaian.
- Are a University of Ghana regular student.
- Obtained an aggregate of 15 or better at the WASSCE or CGPA 3.0.
- Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
- Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other pursuits).
- Are reading BA Computer Science or Basic Applied Sciences in the following areas: BSc in Information Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Earth Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Will maintain at least a 3.0 CGPA
- Are of a Good Conduct.
UG Scholarship: How to apply for Baker Hughes Scholarship
Download and submit a completed BH- SFAO FORM AF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades), letters of recommendation, Admission, and other supporting need documents.
You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/response on your application is not clear.
For enquiries call the Students Financial Aid Office on 020-518-6904/0302- 945-312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Students Financial Aid Office is located at No. 11 East Legon – Main Campus behind the College of Basic and Applied Sciences and opposite CEGENSA.
EXAMPLES OF SOME SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
- Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
- Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
- Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
- Birth Certificates (of siblings).
- Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
- Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
- Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
- SSNIT contribution statements.
- Money transfer receipts.
- National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
- Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
- Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
- High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
- West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
- University Acceptance Letter
- Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by Headmaster/mistress, teachers, including letters of recommendation.
- Confirm that you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program
It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based upon accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support and that the integrity of the University of Ghana Students Financial Aid programme is preserved.