Revealed Web browser for the 2023 school self-placement: An official of the Ghana Education Service has disclosed a web browser suited for conducting school self-placement as the Ministry of Education is ready to announce the computer school placement of pupils who took the 2022 BECE.
According to GES officials, self-placement occurs when a student is given the option of choosing from among the available schools in the Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) based on their grade.
“This placement type is very crucial as a study has indicated it usually goes in favour of students in the urban areas where internet connection is stable and internet cafes are not hard to find unlike in the rural places,” he noted.
Asked what internet browser is best fit for self-placement, the Ghana Education Service (GES) staff said his outfit and the Ministry in charge of Education recommend Chrome browser since it’s the most popular web browser.
However, based on our experience with the computerised school selection and placement portal (CSSPS), we think the Mozilla Firefox browser is suitable to choose your own school during the computer school placement release.
We endorse the Mozilla Firefox browser over Google’s Chrome because the former unlike the latter will save you from connection timeouts which delay your chances of selecting your preferred school at the self-placement module.
A server connection timeout happens when the CSSPS portal server is taking too long to reply to a data request made from your computer due to huge traffic, the self-school placement is a nationwide exercise so you can just imagine.
For better results, use a computer that supports the latest version of Mozilla Firefox or Chrome web browser. Also, note that doing the self-placement on your smartphone won’t be ‘smart’ so visit an internet café to start the whole process.
Revealed Web browser for the 2023 school self-placement
How to do 2023 school self-placement at CSSPS
- Visit the computer school placement portal
- Then select the check placement module on the left-hand side
- Enter your BECE Index Number (eg. 100000000019) and
- Enter your E-Voucher Code (12-digits)
- Click on Proceed to be redirected to the self-placement module
When redirected successfully to the Self-placement module, you will be provided with a selection of schools to pick from based on the aggregate or grade you had in the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE).
- Choose carefully your desired second cycle school
- Choose your residential preference (Day/Boarding).
- Select your programme of choice
- After doing all the necessary checks, confirm and print. Remember that once you have completed the selection process it can not be undone or changed.
GUIDE TO CHECK YOUR PLACE ON THE CSSPS SYSTEM
- Visit the CSSPS website through the link below
- Purchase and E-Voucher with mobile money
- Click on ‘Check Placement’
- Enter your Index number and E-Voucher Pin: Enter your B.E.C.E index number followed by the year. E.g. (100000000019) and your 12-digit e-voucher pin.