KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program: The goal of the KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is to nurture the next generation of responsible and transformative leaders who will benefit Africa.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically gifted but economically underprivileged young people in Ghana and Africa with superior university education.
Students in the program will get thorough training that will ready them to be change agents. The Scholars Program comprises a number of services, such as mentorship, cultural adjustment, and others that will lead to academic achievement, community participation, and career possibilities for scholars, all of which will promote the objective of social mobility.
KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship: Qualifications
- Every applicant who satisfies KNUST’s admission requirements and has WASSCE, GBCE, ABCE, GCE O’Level and A’Level results—or its equivalent—from an accredited/recognized school should also have Certificate Ready. NO applicant who is awaiting results will be allowed. Results from the applicant must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- Priority shall be given to
- Persons with Disability
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- The Applicant must be ready to both go back to and give back to their community.
As part of the Scholarship package, you will receive:
- Counselling Support Services
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation, and monthly stipend).
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development amongst others)
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services, and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- The prestige of becoming part of and networking with the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for professional development.
Steps To Apply: KNUST Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program
Download a copy of the 2023/2024 application form
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
THE PROGRAM MANAGER
MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM AT KNUST SECRETARIAT
℅ OFFICE OF THE DEAN OF STUDENTS
PRIVATE MAIL BAG
KNUST, KUMASI, GHANAThe address
2023 APPLICATION DEADLINE: ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2023!!
International Applicants Should Note
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents;
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the MCFSP at KNUST Secretariat.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of All examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of Successful applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
Please Note Well:
- There are absolutely No Charges/ Fees/ Facilitation/ Agents or Intermediaries Required at any stage of this process.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee, also constituted by the Vice Chancellor, are Final.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for dismissal.
- For further enquiry and assistance on how to apply, please contact the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790 / +233-3220-62975 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should be Active at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- Applicants shall not contact the Secretariat under any circumstances on the status of their application. The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants as when necessary.
- All Applicants must apply to KNUST for undergraduate admission in order to be considered for the scholarship.