Internet Speed on the Windows Taskbar: If you wish to stay updated on your download speeds, consider adding a speed tracker to the taskbar on your Windows system.
Are you interested in observing the fluctuations in your internet speed over time? By displaying upload and download speeds on the taskbar, you can conveniently monitor the quality of your internet connection.
Internet Speed on the Windows Taskbar
In the following instructions, we will demonstrate how to use TrafficMonitor, one of several available tools, to show your internet speed on the taskbar.
How to Display Internet Speed on the Taskbar on Windows
To display internet speed on your taskbar on Windows, follow these steps:
- Go to MajorGeek’s official website to download TrafficMonitor.
- Extract the downloaded folder (check out different ways to extract ZIP files on Windows), and you’ll see an executable file for running the tool, so you don’t have to install the tool.
- Click the Yes button in the UAC window.
- Initially, the app’s main window will display your internet’s download and upload speed.
- To display these numbers on your taskbar, right-click on the tool’s main window and select Show Taskbar Window.
- Once the internet speed appears on the taskbar, right-click the main or taskbar window and uncheck Show Main Window. This will hide the main window of the tool.
This is how TrafficMonitor presents internet speed on the taskbar. With this tool, you have the ability to select the specific network connection you wish to monitor and customize various aspects of the display, such as font, font size, background color, and unit of measurement.
You can easily modify these display settings according to your personal preferences by accessing the Option Settings window.
Keep Your Internet Speed in Check on Windows
The TrafficMonitor tool makes tracking and displaying the internet speed on the taskbar super easy. By now, you should have a better understanding of how to set up the tool and customize its display. With TrafficMonitor, you can quickly check whether your internet is stable or needs immediate attention.