How to Tell if She’s Flirting with You: 10 Signs She Wants You. When you’re flirting with a lady, it might be difficult to tell if the feelings are reciprocated or if she’s just being kind.
Fortunately, those in the know can spot some strong indicators that she likes you. We’ve picked together 10 of the most telling indicators that she’s also onto you, From lingering touches to teasing conversation.
Let’s find out, shall we?
1. She recalls your preferences and pursues them
One of the signals a lady likes you is if she texts or messages you frequently – especially if she initiates these texting sessions as much as you do and fills her message with fun, flirty emojis. If these remarks are accompanied by videos or links to things you enjoy, you will earn extra bonus points. This indicates that she is not only thinking about you, but she has also taken the effort to recall your hobbies.
2. She’s very touchy when it comes to you
Touch is one of the most telling signals that she likes you. If someone is making a lot of excuses to touch you or be touched by you, says Jeremy Nicholson M.S.W., Ph.D. (aka The Attraction Doctor), it’s an indication that they love your company.
This is especially true the less formal the connection becomes – so if she’s stroking your arm, that’s fine, if she’s dusting some lint off your jacket, that’s even better, and if she’s hugging you for a long time, that’s fantastic.
3. She bombards you with questions
Kimberly Moffat is a Canadian relationship therapist with over 18 million views on her YouTube dating channel. In one video, she discusses how to capture a man’s attention and how the simplest approach to begin flirting and getting to know him is to simply ask him questions. It’s easy to generalize from there and conclude that a woman asking a man personal questions is a good sign that she wants to learn more about him.
4. She finds you amusing
In a 2007 Richard Lippa/BBC research of 200,000 people, it was shown that the most sought trait in a guy by women is a sense of humor: women like men who make them laugh.
However, a University of Stirling study found that finding someone amusing is not an objective process. In truth, it’s more of a sign of attraction — you’ll find someone amusing if you’re already attracted to them. 2 So, if a woman laughs at your jokes (even if they’re poor), it could mean she’s interested in you.
5. She makes fun of you
It may appear to be a playground trick, but it’s not just kids who use lighthearted taunting to show that they appreciate someone.
Teasing, according to the notion, is a low-risk technique to increase the intimacy of a conversation by allowing two people to delve into personal terrain while keeping things light. So keep this in mind: if a woman teases you about your hockey team or tickles you, she probably likes you.
6. When you speak, her feet point towards you, and she leans in
More than their hair is involved in women’s flirting body language. There are a variety of subtle bodily signs that indicate she’s interested in you. Start by glancing at her toes: if she likes you, her feet will most likely be pointed directly at you.
Is she standing in close proximity to you? Great! According to experts, our personal space bubble stretches about 45cm around us, and if someone remains in this area, it could be a sign that they’re interested!
7. Her neck and shoulders are the focus of her attention
One of the indicators a woman likes you, according to Seltzer, is if she draws attention to delicate parts like her neck and shoulders. If she’s twirling her hair or toying with a necklace, it could be a way for her to (subconsciously) show that she’s at ease in your company.
8. She dismantles the physical walls that separate you
One of the most unexpected symptoms of attraction, according to Jack Schafer Ph.D., is the removal of (physical) boundaries. According to the hypothesis, if someone feels dubious of another person, they may subconsciously place a symbolic ‘barrier’ between them, such as a pocketbook or a coffee cup.
If there are no barriers – if the woman you’re chatting to, for example, moves her cup to one side or places her purse on the floor — this could be an indication she’s willing to share her life with you.
9. She is frequently seen typing (and then deleting) a message
The majority of iPhone users are aware of the situation. You’re messaging someone and three dots appear and disappear every time before their message comes. Other messaging platforms may show a note that the sender is writing, but the concept remains the same: if she’s taking an inordinate amount of time to compose cute small messages, it’s quite likely because she wants them to be perfect. And that’s a strong indication that she likes you.
10. She’s willing to go on a first date
The signs listed above are excellent indicators that a woman is interested in you. It’s also important to note that every woman is different, so there will never be a 100 percent accurate list of signals she likes you.
You have to bite the bullet and ask her out straight up to find out the truth. If she answers yes cheerfully and quickly, it’s a good sign that your feelings are shared. Congratulations, and good luck in your dating life!
Check out other amazing stories on our homepage.
1. Jeremy Nicholson M.S.W., Ph.D., writing for Psychology Today, 2016. Why Is It So Hard to Tell If Someone Likes You? Found at https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-attraction-doctor/201603/why-is-it-so-hard-tell-if-someone-likes-you
2. Raj Persaud, M.D. and Peter Bruggen, M.D., writing for Psychology Today, 2015. The Psychology Of Why Being Funny When Flirting is Vital. Found at https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/slightly-blighty/201509/the-psychology-why-being-funny-when-flirting-is-vital
3. The Social Research Issues Centre (SIRC): The SIRC Guide to Flirting. Found at http://www.sirc.org/publik/flirt.html
4. Maura Kelly, writing for Marie Claire, 2009. Four Flirting Fun Facts–With Research to Back Them Up! Found at http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/a3349/science-flirting-sex-body-language/
5. Rachel Burge, writing for AOL, 2016. Five signs someone is flirting with you. Found at https://www.aol.co.uk/living/2016/08/23/flirting-how-to-tips/
6. Jack Schafer Ph.D., writing for Psychology Today, 2016. 5 Ways to Tell That Someone Likes You. Found at https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/let-their-words-do-the-talking/201607/5-ways-tell-someone-likes-you