How to send WhatsApp Message without saving Contact details? Read Step by Step Guide.
WhatsApp is without a doubt the most popular messaging app on the planet.
With more than two billion monthly users, there’s a decent possibility that anybody you’d like to contact is on the service.
Despite its popularity, the service is missing one essential feature: the option to send a message to a phone number without adding them to your phonebook.
You might wish to call a company or service contact for a one-time conversation now and then, but adding the number to your phonebook could result in unnecessary clutter.
Let’s look at a few different methods to start a WhatsApp conversation without having to provide a phone number as a contact.
At first look, it appears that WhatsApp offers no means to start a conversation without preserving a phone number. The service, on the other hand, does have the feature built in.
WhatsApp’s click to chat functionality leverages wa.me shortcut links to launch a chat with any current WhatsApp account, presumably for integration in websites and apps.
To utilize the feature, just open your browser and put https://wa.me/phonenumber into the address bar.
The country and region code should also be included in the phone number field, but no modifiers such as +, –, or 00 should be used.
If you’re in Ghana, for example, the syntax would be https://wa.me/233541790617.
When you press enter, WhatsApp will take you to a page with a green message button. This button will take you to the chat room.
If the preceding procedure seems overly complicated, there are a number of apps that do similar functions but make it more faster and easier to initiate a WhatsApp discussion without adding the contact to your phonebook.
WhatsDirect is one such software that allows you to enter a phone number and a chat message, then touch send to be sent to the main messaging app.
The program does not require any permissions, however it does display advertisements in its UI. Click to talk is an alternative that serves the same purpose but without the advertising.
While the first approach of utilizing a wa.me link in the browser also works on an iPhone, there is a better way to
WhatsApp chat on iOS without preserving contact numbers. You may use the shortcuts app to set up a simple method to enter a phone number and start conversing straight away.
- Create a new shortcut by going to the shortcuts app.
- Tap Add Action and type in “ask for input” as the first action.
- Once you’ve made your selection, press the action area and change it to “ask for a number.” Assign it a memorable label, such as a phone number.
- Add a second action now. You’ll need to make it a variable for the second operation. Type the same label in the first field as before. It will be referred to as a phone number in this scenario. Select given input in the second field. This ensures that the phone number is allocated to the correct field when it is entered.
- Choose the url option for our third action. Fill in the url field with http://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=91 and the variable we set up before. It will be the variable named phone number in this situation.
- Remember to replace the 91 in our URL box with the calling code for your country. In Ghana replace it with 233
- The fourth step is to open the browser and type in the URL.
You may now put a shortcut to your home screen, open it from spotlight search, or use Siri to start a chat without having to add a contact.