How to check your NSS pin: The Ghana National Service Scheme (NSS) has officially distributed PIN codes and rules for National Service Registration for final year students from all recognized tertiary institutions in Ghana, allowing them to register for their mandated national service for the service year. Here’s How to Get and Activate NSS Pin Codes. The official statement reads:
“All prospective national service personnel is hereby requested to access their PIN Codes from today Monday, July 25, 2022, with their respective Index Numbers and Date of Birth on the Scheme’s website, www.nss.gov.gh, and then proceed to any Agric Development Bank (ADB) Ltd. branch nationwide to make a payment of GH¢40.00.”
“For individuals who will activate their PIN Codes using MTN Mobile Money, a payment of GH¢41.00 is required.”
How To Access and Activate NSS Pin Codes.
Here is how to access and activate your NSS pin codes:
To start the NSS registration, you would need to generate your national service pin code and make payment on the national service portal for it to be activated.
- To do that go to portal.nss.gov.gh/check-pin. Or go to portal.nss.gov.gh and click on the “Check And Pay For Pincode” Button.
- Enter your index number and your date of birth in the provided fields and click the “Search” button to generate your pin. Use small letters for your index number if you are encountering an error.
- Your pin code summary page would show up, Containing your pin code and your personal details.
- After that, write down the acquired pin code since you will need it to make a payment before proceeding to the registration page. The number may look like this: GMYGCWxxxxxx. There would be a payment option where you would have to pick the network you are on, such as MTN, and then input your mobile money registration number. The following is an example of a Mobile Money payment: To confirm payment, a screen similar to this would appear on your phone:
- To pay, simply input your mobile money pin. It is 41 cedis. You would see a payment confirmation and receive a payment confirmation SMS.
- Your pin code is now activated for registration.
After you have checked your pin number, you have two options for activating it. The first is to go to any ADB Bank Ltd. branch throughout the nation and pay GHC 40.00 or GHC 41.00 to activate your pin code. The second alternative is to activate your pin code using MTN Mobile Money; follow this procedure to activate your pin code on mobile money:
Procedure to activate your pin code on mobile money
How To Check And Activate NSS Pin Code On Phone
- To begin the process Dial *170#
- Then Select Option 2 ie “Pay Bill”
- Then Choose General Payments (Option 6)
- Afterward Enter the Payment code in the following format- NSS PINCODE (type NSS, put a space, then type your PINCODE). The menu will then show your name for confirmation.
- Then Enter the amount to make the payment (GHc41.00).
- Then Enter the NSS reference
- Then Enter your mobile money PIN to confirm the payment
- If the transaction is successful, You will receive a message to confirm the transaction
Continue >>> How to check your NSS pin
Your Index Number/School ID Number and Date of Birth combination is incorrect. Please kindly check it and try again
What should I do? Your Index Number/School ID Number and Date of Birth combination is in-correct. Please kindly check it and try again.
Check your index number again or use small letters for your index number. if you are still facing challenge you need to go to the NSS head office