Conditions Ghana must fulfil: Before being awarded final license to host the first leg of their 2022 World Cup play-off against Nigeria at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has imposed eight criteria on Ghana.
Despite FIFA regulations allowing match locations to be altered up to 90 days prior to the event, the Ghana Football Association was able to persuade CAF to relocate their match from Cape Coast Stadium to Baba Yara Stadium.
The following requirements must be satisfied before the match against Nigeria at Baba Yara Stadium, according to a letter written by CAF Development Officer Raul Chipenda and submitted to GFA General Secretary Prosper Harrison Addo.
Continue >>> conditions Ghana must fulfil to host the 1st leg
- New international standard, contemporary, and comfortable officials’ benches will be installed at pitch level.
- The illumination intensity may be adjusted. A minimum light 1200 Lux should be delivered throughout the pitch, evenly covering all areas of the field;
- Increase the number of seats and lockers in the teams’ changing rooms to accommodate a total of 25 people;
- Installation of all new contemporary equipment and materials in the referees’ locker rooms, as well as ensuring that they are fully prepared to meet CAF criteria.
- In the teams’ and officials’ changing rooms, install a water system that provides both cold and hot water;
- Installation of contemporary desks and seats, as well as the essential electrical and working equipment, at the CAF office.
- VOC must be readily available and well equipped with the relevant equipment and requirements.
- The media tribune, press conference room, and media center have all been completely renovated, with new and cutting-edge technology installed.
Follow us on Twitter