Christmas shopping? Google Chrome price drops feature now available; here is how to track.
People spend a lot of time and effort tracking down many websites to compare the pricing of items they want to buy in a frantic attempt to save money.
People give each other presents to celebrate since we are in the mood for celebrations because Christmas and New Year’s Eve are not far away.
Several online retailers and eCommerce websites are promoting special deals and bonuses.
However, you must spend time comparing them in order to determine which is the greatest.
To assist customers, Google Chrome has included a new function that tracks product prices online to help shoppers get the best offer.
Google Chrome announced the functionality in a blog post, stating that “keep track of price decreases” is a new mobile feature for Android users in the United States.
The functionality will display an item’s current pricing directly in your open tabs grid, allowing you to quickly determine whether or not the price has been reduced.
Chrome also stated that a similar feature would be available for iOS in the coming weeks.
How will Chrome’s price-drop tracker help customers? The price drop tracking tool will reduce the need to manually visit each site and refresh the page to see whether the price of specific goods has changed.
The new functionality will assist shoppers by adding a new overlay to the tab grid that will display the product’s current price as well as its old price.
Google Chrome price drops feature now available
Shoppers will be able to view the reduced price of an item and watch the price change on the Chrome app as a result of this.
There will be a distinct overlay for each tab and product for many items in multiple different tabs, allowing users to follow the pricing of several products at once.
Google Chrome price drops feature now available. follow the steps
1. You will have to open Chrome on Android and open a page with the product you want to buy.
2. Then go to the three-dot menu available on the top right corner.
3. You will be able to see a new ‘Track Prices’ option. Click on it.
4. After clicking, you will get to see the price drop on the products that they want to purchase.
It must be noted that this feature is available only on Google Chrome’s updated version.
However, if you do not see the track price option even on the updated version of Google Chrome, then you can try doing so by using the alternative methods given below:
1. Open Google Chrome on your Android device.
2. Next, type chrome://flags in the address bar, and then press Enter.
3. In the search bar you will then have to type “Tab Grid Layout”.
4. Under the flag titled “Tab Grid Layout” you will have to select the drop-down menu and click on “Enabled Price Notifications.”
5. You will have to restart the browser after enabling a flag in order to apply the change. When you are ready you need to select the blue “Relaunch” button.
6. As per a report by howtogeek.com, there are two parts to this feature. You can see price drops displayed on the open tabs and receive alerts. You need to tap the tabs icon in the Chrome top bar to get started.
7. You will find a box underneath your open tabs saying “Get alerts for price drops?” Tap “‘Get Notified’ to opt-in.”
8. To see price drops on the tabs, tap the three-dot menu icon on the New Tab page and select “Track Price.”
9. Make sure that “Track Price on Tabs” is toggled on.