Chelsea vs Brentford: Despite being 11 points behind Manchester City and having a game in hand, Chelsea still has modest aspirations of participating in the Premier League championship battle. The Blues take on a Brentford team that is on a roll and knows it will be difficult to get all three points against Thomas Frank’s side.
Hakim Ziyech, Romelu Lukaku, and Ruben Loftus-Cheek are anticipated to make three changes from Saturday’s FA Cup victory against Middlesbrough, according to wilsontrendit.com.
Date: Saturday, April 2 | Time: 10 a.m. ET
Venue: Stamford Bridge, SW6
Referee: Andy Madley (on the pitch); David Coote (VAR)
Predicted Lineup: Chelsea vs Brentford
Chelsea predicted Lineup: Mendy; Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger, Chalobah, Alonso; Kante, Jorginho, Mount, Lukaku, Ziyech.
Brentford predicted Lineup: Raya; Ajer, Jansson, Pinnock, Henry; Mbuemo, Jensen, Norgaard, Eriksen, Wissa; Toney
Chelsea vs Brentford preview & Key Stats
Brentford hasn’t maintained a clean sheet in the Premier League away from home since September 18, and they’ve surrendered at least twice in 10 of their last 11 away games.
On Saturday, Thomas Frank’s club will face a tenacious Chelsea side that has scored 15 goals in their past six games across all competitions.
It makes sense to back the hosts to score again against a defensively susceptible club, and there should be plenty of interest in betting for Chelsea to score multiple times.
- Chelsea is unbeaten in their last eight meetings with Brentford in all competitions (W7 D1) since a 3-1 loss at home in February 1939.
- Chelsea has won six of their seven Premier League London derbies this season, except a 3-2 loss at West Ham. That defeat accounts for all goals conceded in London derby matches for the Blues this season.
- Chelsea has won their last five Premier League games, last winning more matches in a row between September and November 2019 (6).
- Brentford kept two clean sheets and let in just one goal in their first three Premier League away games but have conceded in each of their last 12 on their travels – the longest current run without a clean sheet on the road in the competition.
- Kai Havertz has scored four goals in his previous three Premier League games for Chelsea, as many as he had in his last 21. The German is looking to score in four consecutive league games for the first time since a run of five between April and August 2019 with Bayer Leverkusen.