Biometric SIM Registration: The Self-Service Application (App) for SIM Card Registration has been made available.
According to a statement released by the National Communications Authority (NCA) on Friday, August 26, the App is designed for customers who have completed Stage 1 of their SIM card registration to complete Stage 2.
According to the NCA, it will soon be accessible through the Apple Store.
Costs Associated with the Ghana Sim Registration App
Each SIM registration costs GHc5.00.
Remember that you may still register your SIM card for free at the shop or with the agents of your MNO.
Biometric SIM Registration: What Do You Need to Use the App
- Smart Phone
- Ghana Card
- Internet Access
- Email Address
- Unique Code for your SIM after Stage 1
- Ghana Digital Address
- Mobile Money Account (does not have to be a Mobile Money account for the SIM that is being registered.
Ghana Sim Registration App Contact & Assistance
For further information, please contact NCA Toll-Free – 0800 110 622
Ursula Owusu-Ekuful, minister of communications and digitalization, announced the choice to launch the App.
On Sunday, July 31, she announced a delay in the deadline for re-registering SIM cards, stating that, “barring any unexpected situations, the SIM Registration App will be ready for download this week on Android and IOS.”
Simple steps on how to use Ghana Sim Registration App
- Step You will need to download the App from 1 Google Store.
- Once you download the App, you have to create an Account by providing your: Step Phone number (note that the number does not necessarily have to be the SIM you are registering), Email address first name and last name, and A 4-digit PIN.
- Log on using the credentials you created in step 2 to start the registration.
- Select the type of ID you will be using 4 choosing the Ghana Card.
- Select your network provider (MTN, Vodafone, AirtelTigo, and Glo) from the list provided.
- After network selection, enter the number of the SIM you want to register.
- Enter the phone number you want to use for mobile payment. If you are using Step the same number, you entered when you 7 were creating the account, you can leave it blank.
- Once you have selected the Ghana Card ID, enter your unique code, and the number your network operator provided to you when you did the *404. If you forget the unique code number, you can dial *400# on your network. If you have not yet linked your Ghana card ID with your phone number, please do so by dialing *404 to do so.
- After the validation of your subscriber unique code, you will be prompted to confirm your payment. Click on confirm to initiate the payment process. The mobile money provider will send you an SMS to enter your PIN to confirm you are paying for SIM registration. After the payment is confirmed, the app will send you to step 11. If you do not receive a notification on your mobile money account for payment to be authorized, kindly go to your mobile money menu to verify if there is any pending request. Payment for the use of the Self-Service App is via Mobile Money. For subscribers, who do not have mobile money, payment can be via a Mobile Money number as long as you have permission to do so. During registration via the Self-Service App, the subscriber will have to enter the Mobile Money number, and the owner of the Mobile Money account will receive a message to confirm payment. Once payment is confirmed and made, the subscriber can then proceed with the registration. Where users do not receive an automatic prompt to make a payment, they should follow the process of the Mobile Money service provider and go to the option to approve the payment.
- You will need to scan your Ghana Card ID. The app will load your personal information and the document number on the screen. Please pay attention to the screen and follow the prompts on the screen to capture the front and back of your Ghana Card.
- After scanning your Ghana Card, the app will ask you to take a selfie for a liveness and likeness check. The app will ask to put your face within the oval space on the screen and wait for the green edges to ensure you are well positioned. You will be asked to move closer to finalizing the liveness and likeness check. As you are moving closer, ensure your face remains within the oval part of the screen and the edges are green. After following the instructions properly, the app will capture your selfie to compare with your photo ID. If successful, the app will send you to the next step to scan your fingerprints.
- You will see a screen with instructions on how to scan your fingerprints. After reading the instructions, click to start scanning.
- First, scan your left four fingerprints using the Camera on your phone. During the scanning, look at the instructions on the screen until your four fingers are marked with a green circle and keep it steady at that point and the app will capture the fingerprints. Then, scan your four right fingerprints using the Camera on your phone and follow the same instructions. If successful, you will get a notification that you are done with this for both your left and right fingerprints.
- Click on Continue to go on with the registration. You will get a Pop Up asking you to validate your Ghana Card ID. The pop-up will display a summary screen including your photo ID, selfie, and fingerprints. Please review and ensure that your captured information is accurate. There are 2 options; Change If you click change, you will get a text field to correct your Ghana Card ID. Confirm – If you click confirm, you can then enter your Digital Address and click on continue to finalize the registration.
- You will receive an SMS notification that you have successfully completed the process. If your registration is not successful, you will get a pop-up message telling you why it was not successful. Please check the list of possible errors and take corrective actions.