Procedure to Apply for Students Loan in Ghana: This article will give you all you need to know about the student loan application process in Ghana and the requirements for application without going through stress.
The objectives of the Trust Fund are to provide financial resources for the sound management of the Trust for the benefit of students and to help promote and facilitate the national ideals enshrined in Article 25 and 38 of the 1992 Constitution.
Requirements apply for student loan in Ghana
- You must be a Ghanaian.
- You must have been offered admission to study in an accredited tertiary program in Ghana.
- You must be pursuing a tertiary program such as a diploma or 1st degree.
- You must have a valid Ghana Card Number (which can be acquired at designated GRA offices for free)
- You must have an active registered Mobile Phone Number
- You must have a valid Email Address
- You must have a Student ID card or admission letter
- You must have an E-zwich Card (which can be obtained at any bank)
How to register for a student loan
- Visit the student loan website and click on the signup button
- You may read the legal notice and click on Agree, that is if you agree.
- Fill in the required information and click on Next
- On user account info. Page, tick the box “I agree to terms of service” (i.e. if you agree to the terms of service), and click on Create Account button
How to activate your student loan account
- Click on the Login button on the homepage, then click on Activate Account in the Sign in form
- Enter your Ghana card number/SSNIT number and click on Send Code
- Once you receive the activation code enter it into the Verification Code input field and click on Verify button.
- After activating your account, you can now Sign in to fill out your student loan application form online
Once you create your account successfully, you will receive an activation code on your phone number or email. Input the code you received in the text box and click on Activate Account button.
- If for any reason you did not receive your activation code after 24 hours, kindly contact the nearest Students Loan office for assistance.
- Note that any activation code sent to you expires after 48hours.
- Also make sure you enter your correct active phone number and email address should be in small letters to receive the activation code.
How to apply for a students loan in Ghana
- Upload all required and relevant supporting documents.
- Confirm your application details.
- Download and Upload all Agreement documents requested by the application.
- Take your biometric fingerprint at the nearest zonal or campus offices.
- You will be contacted via email when your application is duly.
How to check your student loan trust fund balance
You can check your statement online (www.sltf.gov.gh) with your Social Security Number. We will also send you statements through your email, once a year. The steps in checking your student loan statement are:
- Log onto https://www.sltf.gov.gh/
- Click on Check loan statement
- Click on the menu at the top right corner
- Click on login on the drop-down menu if you already have an account.
- Enter your SSNIT number or Ghana card number if you have linked your Ghana card and your SSNIT number.
- SLTF will be required to verify your details by sending you a verification code. If the email address and the phone number there are the same as what you used during your loan application, then click on send code.
- SLTF will send you a verification code through your email address or SMS message.
- Use that verification code and go back to the homepage of SLTF. Enter the verification code there and click submit.
- Your student’s loan statement dashboard will open.
>>>>> Apply for Students Loan in Ghana