After Gaining Admission Into UHAS. What Should I Do?
I’m sure you have gained admission into UHAS when you read this. If you have not gained admission yet, don’t panic, there is hope for you.
Late entries will be available soon.
To those of you who have downloaded your admission letters, this is what you need to do:
Go through your admission letter thoroughly. You can read it twice or thrice.
It contains information about the campus and hostel you will report to.
Reading your admission letter will save you from a lot of confusion until you make it to school.
Pay your fees, fees payment translates to the school’s management as admission acceptance and that you will report to school.
You can pay your fees at these banks only; Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB), and Zenith Bank at all branches across the country.
Do not forget the school fee is clearly stated in the admission letter.
Prepare items you will need for school and purchase what you need.
Below is a list to guide you; you don’t need to have everything on this list:
- Passport pictures (6 copies)
- Academic fees and residential fees payment slips and photocopies
- Admission letter (5 copies should be okay) colored will be preferable
- Active NHIS card and other relevant cards or documents.
- Copies of WASSCE results
- Laptop (not compulsory but it will help you as a student)
- Multi socket or extension board
- Clothing (please note UHAS doesn’t have any specific outfits prescribed for students, but please dress as decent as possible, especially the ladies. Please remember it’s a health institution)
- Come along with casual dresses, home clothes, church dresses, and dinner dresses (you will need them for various departmental and church dinners). Also, come along with presentable clothes for your matriculation.
- Stationery, please do not forget a calculator
- Holy bible or Qur’an
- Rice cooker and Hot plate/ electric cooker (gas cookers are not allowed for campus residents)
- Blender or earthenware
- Laundry items (washing soaps, pegs, detergent, etc.)
- Schoolbag for lectures, ladies can go for handbags.
- Beddings (bedsheets, blankets, pillow and pillowcase, sleeping cloth, etc.)
- Dress hangers, Shoes (church, lectures, outings)
- Bucket, Electric iron
- Pen drive, Smartphone, A file to store important documents
- Toiletries (bathing soap, sponge, toothbrush, toothpaste, beauty items for ladies, etc.)
- Raincoats or umbrella
- Sportswear and sport shoes
- Chargeable flashlight
- Small-sized saucepans, a frying pan, and other essential kitchen equipment.
- Plates, bowls, cups, cutlery, and napkins
- Reasonable amounts of food items and provisions
- First aid medicines and sewing kit for emergencies
- Mini fridge (optional, one will pay extra charges)
- Mini microwave (Optional)
- Small size barrel in case of water shortage (optional)
You then report to school on the said date; please arrive on time to settle and get relaxed. It is okay if you feel homesick.
You will be required to pay hostel dues. A fee not more or less than 150 Cedis.
Congratulations once again to all successful applicants