What to Do After Checking Your NSS Posting: Every year, the National Service Scheme (NSS) in Ghana releases the list of service personnel for the year. For those who have just checked their NSS postings for the 2021/2022 service year, it’s important to know the step-by-step guide on what to do next.
After Checking Your NSS Posting, What Next to do?
Navigating the process of registration and deployment can be challenging, but with this guide, you’ll be well-prepared for your national service.
Step 1: Checking Your Posting
- You can check your national service posting by sending your NSS alphanumeric code via SMS to a shortcode provided by NSS. This will instantly display the details of your posting on your phone screen.
Step 2: Obtaining Your Appointment Letter
- Once you know your posting location, log on to the official NSS website at www.nss.gov.gh and click on “Check Postings.”
- Follow the required online process, and your appointment letter will appear on your computer screen.
- Print at least three (3) copies of your appointment letter. These copies are essential for various processes related to your national service.
Step 3: Reporting to the NSS Regional Office
- With your appointment letters and posting details in hand, proceed to the region where you’ll be conducting your national service.
- Report to the NSS Regional Office.
- The Regional Director of the scheme will endorse your appointment letter during this visit.
- It is advisable to go on the first day of registration, especially if you are posted to heavily populated areas like Accra or Kumasi.
- Note that the endorsement process may take two to three days, so be prepared for some waiting time.
Step 4: Reporting to Your User Agency
- After getting your appointment letter endorsed at the regional office, proceed to your User Agency.
- The head of the institution will also endorse your appointment letter, confirming that you have reported for your national service.
- It’s crucial that the date of endorsement is indicated on your appointment letter.
Step 5: Filing a Copy at the NSS District Office
- Send one fully endorsed and dated copy of your appointment letter to your district office.
- Provide a copy of your endorsed appointment letter to the NSS District Director to be filed in the office.
- Contact details for NSS District Offices can be found on the official NSS website under the “Contact Us” menu.
Step 6: Beginning Your National Service
- Once your appointment letter is filed, return to your User Agency to commence your national service.
- National service usually starts in September of the year in which you were posted.
Step 7: Monthly Duty Reporting
- During your national service, you will be required to submit a Duty Reporting Form to your NSS District Office.
- This form should be endorsed by your supervisor at the User Agency where you are serving.
- Submit the form before the 15th of every month.
- This form serves not only to facilitate the processing of your allowances but also to collect performance information from your supervisor.
Print Your NSS Appointment Letter & Posting
Follow the outlined below to obtain and print out your NSS appointment letter.
1. Visit the NSS Posting Portal via https://portal.nss.gov.gh/check-posting
2. Enter your NSS Number in the space provided and Click the Search button.
3.When your Posting details appear, scroll down and click Click here to Print Posting Letter.
4.Next, your Posting Letter Page will Popup, then Click Show Appointment Letter beneath your details
5.In the end, Download and Print your NSS Appointment Letter
For additional information and support, visit the official NSS website at www.nss.gov.gh or contact the NSS office using the provided phone numbers and email address.
As you embark on your national service journey, this guide should help you navigate the process smoothly, ensuring a successful and fulfilling service year.